Advertisements
Herald Opinion

Iranian regime Admits Attack On Oil Carriers In Red Sea

Iranian regime

Iranian regime Admits Attack On Oil Carriers In Red Sea

 “We asked Houthis to attack on two Saudi oil carriers and they did,” says Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) top commander.

A top commander of the IRGC, General Naser Shabani, announced that the attack on two Saudi tankers in the Red Sea was ordered by the Iranian regime, said the state-run Fars News Agency.  The saber-rattling, which may have intended to bring encouragement to mullahs’ dispirited forces, clearly shows the nature of regime’s malign activities in the region.

Hezbollah in Lebanon and Ansar Allah in Yemen are Iran’s main pillars in the region,” added Shabani speaking at Shandiz in Mashhad, said the state-run Etemad Online daily Tuesday August 7.

The attack came only few hours after Iran’s Major General Qassem Soleimani announced in a speech that “the Red Sea was no longer safe for US vessels.”

But in a new twist after Shabani’s blatant admission about ordering the attack on the Saudi tankers, the announcement was immediately removed from The Fars News Agency website.

Iranian regime
Screen grab of the removed article from Fars News Agency.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Following removal of the article, Shabani rushed to the scene denying the statement saying it was published in a distorted way. “The media were expected to broadcast the sensitive news accurately and carefully so that nobody with a sinister purpose can take advantage of it,” he added.

Last year the United Nations in its report on Yemeni arms embargoes said the Iranian regime, directly or indirectly, has violated the weapons sanctions by contributing in the delivery of weapons to the Houthis.

Also, the United States and its allies have repeatedly accused the Iranian regime of providing warfare to the insurgents. But the Iranian regime has so far rejected all the allegations. This is the first time that a military official has spoken and indicated the direct involvement of Iran with the Houthis in an attack on regional targets.

Being fed up with the rogue activities of the mullahs’ regime, the people in the region are coming out more and more in support of the uprising of the Iranian people to overthrow the regime.  They realize that the only way to restore stability and security to the region is to deal directly with this warmongering regime.

Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the Iranian opposition, delivered a speech in solidarity with the people of the Middle East, noting:

“I have no doubt that regardless of their differences, countries in the region are able to join hand in hand with the Iranian people and Resistance, in order to put an end, once and for all, to the rule of the Velayat-e Faqih regime and turn the page in the history of this part of the world.”

For years, there has been a lot of debates about the mullahs’ regime’s interference in the internal affairs of other countries and its role in fomenting war, bloodshed, fundamentalism and terrorism.

These confessions come from top commanders of Iranian Revolutionary Guards, highlighting the facts that the Iranian resistance has emphasized on for many years.

Advertisements

About the author

Mahdavi Nasim

Mahdavi Nasim

Mahdavi is an Author, Reporter, and Opposition Activist to the Iranian regime. He writes articles for http://www.iranfreedom.org/en/.
You can follow him on Twitter @mahdavi85

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Leave a Reply

Follow us on Twitter

Advertisements
Advertisements